Sunday, January 19, 2014

Weeks 2 & 3


How quickly time flies, and how the world can look so very different in the blink of an eye. Just a week ago I was just thawing out from almost a week long of being snowed in. The weather went from beautiful flurries to a combo of rain and snow making the streets slushy and very dangerous. Of course ice was in the forecast and with a wind-chill of 45 degrees below zero- it took days for the snow and ice to melt. Needless to say we were freezing our asses off here in Chicago.

It's been a cold year so far, figuratively and literally speaking.

Between the recent passing of my great aunt and one of my uncles I'm in a place that I can't say I've ever been. My family is nuts and beautiful at the same time. At this point that's all I have to say about that because what I feel really cannot adequately be expressed in words.

On another note, I've been quite absent from my weekly class; an online radio show that I used to listen to faithfully twice a week. So far this year I haven't made sure that I've tuned in, and the times that I could listen to the downloaded shows I haven't given that much time either. But there was one thing that stuck out for me from the radio show, it was a short and sweet definition of WILL.

WILL: the execution of a decision

I've decided... now it's time to execute.

On the short list of goals for this week is to finish another zodiac inked piece (which means I better get to the art store very soon and buy more pens) and to complete week 1 of the Master Cleanse (today is day 2 for me).

No comments:

Post a Comment